Inland Marine Insurance

What is Inland Marine Insurance?

In the construction industry, your tools of the trade are your vehicle to get the job done. Inland marine insurance, also referred to as tools & equipment insurance, is different than property coverage. Inland Marine covers your tools and equipment while they are on their way to and from the job site, and makes it easy for you to replace an important piece of portable property if it were to be vandalized, stolen, or otherwise destroyed.


Who needs tools & equipment coverage? Any contractor who travels with his equipment, job materials, and supplies, should insure his tools and equipment with an inland marine policy. If your job requires you to transport tools and supplies to a job site, consider an inland marine policy to cover those tools in the event of an accident.

What does Inland Marine Insurance Cover?

You might think that a comprehensive commercial auto policy will cover you, but that's only for your vehicle. Inland Marine policies vary in what they cover, but most typically insure: 

  • Materials
  • Supplies
  • Tools you transport to and from a job site

Citizens General offers:

  • Coverage For Buildings, Stock, Business Property, Tools, Equipment (Large & Small), Installation Floaters, Leased or Rented Equipment, EDP and more
  • Instant quotes, same day binds
  • $350 Minimum Policy Premium 

Get Inland Marine Insurance for Your Business

We pride ourselves on understanding the unique insurance needs of contractors, and work hard to find you the lowest premiums and the best coverage for your business. To get affordable inland marine insurance coverage for your business, call our Inland Marine Insurance Quote Hotline at (800) 621-0884 or complete the form on this page to get an Inland Marine Insurance quote.