Business Owners Insurance Protects Your Company
Business owners insurance, or BOP for short, is your go-to policy as it provides a few necessary coverages in one. If you're just starting out or have been open for 20+ years, if you're an individual or have employees, having a business owners policy in place is your first step to making sure you're covered.
What Is Included With Business Owners Insurance?
BOP insurance can protect your company in these key areas:
- Property - The physical building your operating in, whether it's an office, warehouse, or home
- Business Personal Property (BPP) - Those things that you use to run your company; the machines, inventory, computers, furniture, etc. It call all be included
- Liability - Third-party injury or property damage lawsuits
- Business Income - If you need to suspend operations due to a covered loss, business owners insurance will help cover lost income so you don't have to close your doors for good
In addition, your policy may be broadened to include additional coverage for:
- Cyber Liability - Provides key insurance to protect your company and minimize damages due to data breaches and cyber attacks
- Employment Practices Liability - Claims against your company due to alleged wrongdoing such as discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and more
- Professional Liability - Coverage for those professional advice and services you provide to your customers
- Hired / Non-Owned Liability - Covers your business if you or one of your employees cause damage or injury while operating a vehicle
Having a conversation with one our licensed agents is the best way to assess your exposure to these areas of your operations.
Who Needs Business Owners Insurance?
A business owners policy should be the first item on an owners insurance checklist. If you can answer yes to any of the following, you probably need one:
- You have a business operating out of a physical location, whether it be retail space, an office building, or out of your home
- You have business assets that if stolen or damaged could be detrimental to your operations. This can even include digital assets
- You are at risk of being sued (you can be sued without even doing anything wrong!)
- You would like a safety net of business income should you need to suspend operations because of a loss
Get Business Owners Insurance for Your Business
Citizens General Insurance Brokers has access to coverage with some of the best carriers in the industry. We work hard to help you find the best coverage options for your business at the lowest premiums. To get affordable coverage for your business, call Citizens General Insurance Brokers at (800) 621-0884 or complete the form on this page to get your Business Owners Insurance quote.