The Citizens General Web Site is comprised of various Web pages operated by Citizens General.
Citizens General reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the Citizens General Web Site is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of the Citizens General Web Site.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE
You may not use this site to engage in any illegal activity. You may not use this site to engage in conduct which is defamatory, libelous, threatening or harassing or that infringes on a third party's intellectual property or other proprietary rights. You may not use the Citizens General Web Site in any manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Citizens General Web Site or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Citizens General Web Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Citizens General Web Sites.
In the event you engage in activity that is illegal, defamatory, libelous, threatening, or harassing, Citizens General reserves the right to disclose any information you provide through the use of this site or other Citizens General owned electronic sites or applications to law enforcement authorities as deemed appropriate in the sole discretion of Citizens General. You agree that any information you provide through this site will be truthful and accurate. Citizens General reserves the right to require a customer change their User ID or answers to security questions if they are deemed inappropriate at Citizens General's sole discretion and judgment.
EMAILS TO @citizensgeneral.com ADDRESSES
The Citizens General email system is a private email system intended only for purposes authorized by Citizens General. You are not authorized to send numerous unsolicited commercial email messages to any email addresses @citizensgeneral.com. Citizens General reserves the right to take actions as may be necessary to prevent misuse of its email system by unauthorized parties.
Some portions of this site are restricted and require authorization for access. Unauthorized use of or access to these areas is prohibited. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of or access to such areas may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. Attempts to access such areas without authorization may be viewed, monitored and recorded and any information obtained may be given to law enforcement organizations in connection with any investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity on this system. If you are not an authorized user of such areas or do not consent to continued monitoring, you should not attempt to access such areas.
If you are an authorized user of any restricted area, you are responsible to maintain the security/confidentiality of your password. DO NOT SHARE YOUR PASSWORD WITH ANYONE. Citizens General will not ask you for your password. If you know or suspect that your password has been compromised, change your password immediately. If you suspect any unauthorized activity related to your account, you should contact Citizens General. Citizens General will not be responsible if you do not properly secure your password or if you choose to share your password with anyone else. In order to protect your personal information Citizens General encourages you to change your password every six months.
USE OF COMMUNICATION SERVICES
The Citizens General Web Site may contain bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities, personal web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with the public at large or with a group (collectively, "Communication Services"), you agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a Communication Service, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, upload, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material or information.
- Upload files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, unless such Communication Service specifically allows such messages.
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or chain letters.
- Download any file posted by another user of a Communication Service that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Communication Services.
- Violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for any particular Communication Service.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including e-mail addresses, without their consent.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Citizens General has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services.
However, Citizens General reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. Citizens General reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.
Citizens General reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, in Citizens General's sole discretion.
Always use caution when giving out any personally identifying information about yourself or your children in any Communication Service. Citizens General does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, Citizens General specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from your participation in any Communication Service. Managers and hosts are not authorized Citizens General spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Citizens General.
Materials uploaded to a Communication Service may be subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination. You are responsible for adhering to such limitations if you download the materials.
CITIZENS GENERAL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The Citizens General “CG” logo, the terms "Citizens General", "Citizens General Insurance®," "Citizens General Insurance Brokers," as well as all logos and graphics using the Citizens General name are the intellectual property of and/or federally registered trademarks/servicemarks owned by Citizens General Insurance Inc. and its affiliated organizations. Citizens General may possess intellectual property rights in other logos, words, or phrases not listed here. Intellectual property rights of third parties may apply where noted. Except where otherwise indicated, all materials on this site including but not limited to graphics, text, software, audio, video, and files, are the property of Citizens General and are protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws.
Citizens General reserves all rights to its intellectual property. You may print out a single copy of pages on this site for your personal, non-commercial use provided that all copyright, trademark or other notices are retained. ALL OTHER USES ARE PROHIBITED.
You are not authorized to use any portion of this site or any other Citizens General intellectual property on any other site, in the meta-tags of any other site or in any other materials. You may not modify, publish, create derivative works, copy, distribute, or otherwise use any of this site's content or frame this site within any other site.
LINKS TO/FROM OTHER SITES
For your convenience, Citizens General may provide links to other Internet sites that Citizens General does not maintain. You should not interpret any link to/from other sites as indicating that Citizens General sponsors or endorses the sites or their materials or that the sites are affiliated with Citizens General in any manner. Citizens General is not responsible for anything contained on such sites and makes no warranties or representations about the contents, products or services offered on such sites. Citizens General is not responsible for and makes no warranties or representations about the content, products or services offered on any sites that you may elect to use in connection with this site.
AVAILABILITY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Citizens General does business in certain states in the United States of America. For a list of available states and their respective licenses please contact a Citizens General agent.
Not all of the products or services described on this site are available in all states or provinces. You may not be eligible for all products and services and Citizens General reserves the right to determine such eligibility as permitted by law. Where noted, certain products or services may be subject to specific terms, conditions, representations or agreements. The portions of this site related to such products and services provide additional information about terms, conditions representations, agreements, eligibility and availability.
At this time, on-line quotes may not be available for all states or provinces, products, services or coverage selections. For additional information about products, services or coverage selections otherwise offered by Citizens General, please contact a Citizens General agent.
All quotes generated by this site are estimates based upon the information you provided and are not a contract, binder, or agreement to extend insurance coverage. Any coverage descriptions provided on this site are general descriptions of available coverages and are not a statement of contract. To obtain coverage you must submit an application to Citizens General. All applications are subject to underwriting approval. Coverages and availability may vary by state or province; and additional minimum coverage limits may be available in your state. For additional information, please contact a Citizens General agent.
DISCLOSURE OF BROKER FEE POLICY
- Do not sign any broker fee agreement unless all of its blank lines and spaces have been filled in and you have read this entire document and the agreement carefully.
- Your insurance broker represents you, the consumer, and is entitled to charge a broker fee if he/she chooses and is lawful. This fee is not set by law, and may be negotiable between you and the broker.
- California: It is illegal or improper for an insurance broker to charge you a fee for placing coverage solely with the California Automobile Assigned Risk Plan or the California FAIR Plan. Fees may be charged for placement of other coverages.
- Broker fees are often non-refundable even if you cancel your coverage. Refer to your broker fee agreement to see if your broker fee is non-refundable. However, you may be entitled to a full refund of a broker fee if your broker acted incompetently or dishonestly. Unresolved disputes over non-refunded broker fees can be forwarded to the Department of Insurance for review.
- You are entitled to obtain and keep a completed copy of this disclosure and any broker fee agreement you sign.
- Your broker may receive commission from insurance company(ies) for placing your insurance. This commission may be paid to your broker by the insurance company(ies) in addition to any broker fee you pay.
- If you will be paying your premium in installments to a finance company, by law you must receive a copy of a premium finance disclosure and agreement. Be sure to obtain and read those documents before signing a premium finance agreement. Also, ask the broker if the insurer offers its own installment payment plan. Insurer installment plans are often cheaper than premium financing through a separate premium finance company.
- If your broker is placing automobile coverage, your broker must provide you with a copy of the current Department of Insurance Automobile Insurance pamphlet. If your broker is placing residential coverage, your broker must provide you with a copy of the current Department of Insurance Residential Insurance pamphlet. By signing this disclosure you acknowledge receipt of the appropriate pamphlet(s).
BROKER FEE AGREEMENT
This is an agreement between you and Citizens General Insurance Brokers Inc. (Broker). From the date of signing, Citizens is to be appointed as Broker of Record on your insurance policy. This agreement shall become operative on the effective date of the insurance policy and shall continue in full force until terminated by either party. As your insurance broker, we agree the represent client honestly and completely. For services provided, client agrees to pay broker a fee for services rendered. This fee is non-refundable. Citizens may charge Client additional fees for policy endorsements requested by client. These fees vary and will not exceed $100 per request. Please see the policy application for a list of all known fees that will be charged by persons or companies (other than the Broker), or the insurance company, upon policy binding.
ONLINE CLAIMS SUBMISSIONS
If you are a Citizens General customer, you may elect to report an insurance claim online where available. Your submission does not commit Citizens General or your insurance carrier to coverage for this loss. Information you submit regarding your insurance policy and the loss is subject to review and verification from your insurance carrier. Any claim information submitted to Citizens General will be transferred to the claims department of the respective insurance company. A claim representative will be communicating with you regarding your claim. All policy provisions contained in your policy remain in effect. If you have any questions concerning the coverage afforded by your policy, please contact your insurance agent.
The information, software, products, and services included in or available through the Citizens General web site may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. Citizens General and/or its suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Citizens General web site at any time. Advice received via the Citizens General web site should not be relied upon for personal, medical, legal or financial decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for specific advice tailored to your situation.
Citizens General and/or its suppliers make no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the information, software, products, services and related graphics contained on the Citizens General web site for any purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, all such information, software, products, services and related graphics are provided "as is" without warranty or condition of any kind. Citizens General and/or its suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to this information, software, products, services and related graphics, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
NOTICES AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement under United States copyright law should be sent to Service Provider's Designated Agent. ALL INQUIRIES NOT RELEVANT TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE WILL RECEIVE NO RESPONSE. See Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.